Wednesday, December 23, 2009


Dylan finally came home on December 21, 2009. It was a greaeaeaeaeat day!...Long time coming:) It was the most amazing Christmas because we got the best present ever...having our little boy home. It was alittle sad saying bye to all the nurses we became so close with over the past few months. They really helped us get through such a difficult time. We will be sure to take Dylan back to visit them when he gets alittle stronger. One of his nurses made the most amazing scrapbook for us. She did a photo shoot with him in his Haloween costume and one in a santa hat and not to mention all the ones that were taken throughout the past few months...Dylan wide awake at 3am, first bath, first bottle>etc. Another one of his nurses made him the memory beads which were two long strands of acclomplishments.

This is the first opportunity I have had to write because I have been getting adjusted to having him home. I forgot what it is like to live on a hour or so of sleep a night and on top of that having a wild toddler. By the time I warm his milk, allow an hour to pass for the feeding, change him, clean the pump, and then I have to pump-it is time to do it all over again. He still needs to eat every three hours. Although I am not sleeping through the night, Dylan is! He is still putting on weight which is great because that was a big problem he had which is why he still needs to eat every three hours for awhile.

We did not take Dylan out for Christmas just because we wanted him to get adjusted to being home and we did not want to expose him to any sick people. It would be very dangerous if he gets sick because he could end up right back in the hospital and on a ventilator. We are pretty much treating our house with the same rules as the hospital, at least until the spring.

Brady absolutely loves his little brother and is a big help with him. He has been demanding a little more attention lately and we are making sure to give it to him.

I have been slowly giving him 12cc of milk a day in a bottle and he has been pretty good about drinking it. For some reason though he has not wanted to nurse. It is going to be a long process to get him off the gtube but I have faith that it will come sooner then later.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...God Bless!


  1. Merry Christmas Zetouna Family!!!

  2. We are so happy for you guys!!! He is going to do so good at home. I remember the first day having Steve at home.. it was such a great feeling.

    Don't be afraid or upset that you are treating your home like a hospital and worrying about germs! We were that way for a long time. You don't want to go back to the hospital! You are doing the right thing for him.

    Be vigilant with the feeds.. don't lose focus on it. You want him to get used to eating on the bottle. Also, I'm hoping you guys are getting in home therapy. If you have any questions about what we did for that, let me know....